The saying “behind every great man, there’s an even better woman” – um, totally true (wink.) But, truth be told, behind all my awesomeness, I’ve got a pretty great man…who shares the potato chips, vacuums, and most importantly, who
wastes spends a lot of time on the internet and finds me all kinds of fabulously silly food ideas.
I mean, would you ever think to do this? (Hot dog haters, no comment!)
Hello. I’m a mom. With two little kids. I couldn’t make these fast enough.
Haley thought they looked like a jelly fish. Trevor thought they looked like a rocket ship. I thought they look like tentacles from an octopus.
I’m thinking for Halloween next year, I’ll use orange pasta and dye the hot dogs black. (Well, that just sounds gross. And awesome.)
When I asked what they tasted like, we all agreed…spaghetti and hot dogs. With a big pile of fun.
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 6 even pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Set a large pot of water to boil.
- Carefully thread 5-7 spaghetti strands through each hot dog piece. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 6 minutes.
- Drain and mix with the butter. Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- That’s it! Only requirement is you must eat with a smile on your face!