Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup is take up a level with some added pumpkin puree. Drizzled with some heavy cream, it’s so delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans , rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- heavy cream , for serving
Pour the black beans and tomatoes (including their liquid) into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the bean puree and the remaining ingredients (accept the cream.) Mix until well blended, then simmer for about 15 minutes until thickened.
Ladle into bowls and serve with a generous drizzle of heavy cream.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 11349IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 5mg