Easy Fish Piccata
This Fish Piccata with Roasted Asparagus is such a delicious dish, made with a butter, wine, lemon, and capers. Looks so elegant, but is so simple to prepare!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/2 pound asparagus , rinsed and dried, tough ends chopped off
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fillets (5-6 ounces each) firm white fish , skinned removed (such as Tilapia, Barramundi, or Sole)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers , drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh lemon slices , for serving
- chopped fresh parsley , for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spread the asparagus out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil all over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for about 10 minutes, until tender, but still al dente.
In the meantime, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
Coat a large saute pan with nonstick spray, add the olive oil, and heat over medium-high. Saute fillets for about 2 minutes on one side; gently flip over and saute the other side for about 2 more minutes until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to a platter.
Deglaze pan with the wine until liquid is mostly evaporated, scraping up any yummy brown bits, about 1-2 minutes. Add in minced garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
Add broth, lemon juice, capers, and butter.
Once butter is melted, pour sauce over fillets.
Garnish with lemon slices and chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg