How To Make The Best Baked Potatoes
Easily achieve the best restaurant-style baked potatoes with that crispy skin and fluffy interior that everyone loves!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup bacon grease (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt (or kosher salt)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes thoroughly.
Rub bacon grease (or olive oil) all over the potatoes.
Rub salt all over the potatoes.
Using a fork, poke about 5-6 holes all around each potato.
Place the potatoes directly on a baking sheet; bake for about 45-60 minutes.
Using a sharp knife, make a long slit in the top of the cooked potato, then squeeze it open using a clean dish towel.
Enjoy as is, or serve with your favorite toppings!
- The exact baking time will depend on how large the potatoes are. The potato should be tender inside if you poke a fork into it.
- Next time you cook up some bacon, save the grease in a clean plastic bottle. Then us it to rub on the potato skins before baking.
- Please read the entire article for tips!
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 1785mg | Potassium: 1539mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3.2mg