Easy Chocolate Pie
This Easy Chocolate Pie is so simple but decadent. And yet not overly sweet. You only need 5 pantry ingredients for the filling and 5 minutes of prep. The hardest part is waiting for it to be done baking!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time2 hrs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter ,melted
- 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 9 inch pie crust ,homemade or store bought
- whipped cream ,for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder. Vigorously whisk in the eggs, butter, and evaporated milk until completely combined and smooth (batter will be thin.)
Pour batter into the pie crust and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until the filling sets and there is a thin crust on the top. (It might be slightly jiggly in the center, but that’s okay - as it sits and cools, it will set up more.)
Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1-2 hours.
Slice and serve with a little whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
- You can use my homemade pie crust shell or a store bought - it is not baked first. The pie shell and filling bake together at the same time.
- If your oven runs hot and you notice your crust is browning too fast, use a crust protector.
- After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes a few hours. Within 5 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for up to 3 days.