Quick and Easy One Pot Jambalaya
This Quick and Easy One Pot Jambalaya is a flavorful and filling meal all made in one pan, featuring sausage, shrimp, rice, vegetables, and cajun seasoning. Weeknight dinner comfort food at its best!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed, if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano, undrained
- 8 ounces kielbasa or andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup small cubed cooked ham
- fresh chopped parsley, optional
Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
In an extra-large skillet (with a lid), warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and celery; saute until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper.
Stir in the broth, tomatoes, sausage, rice, cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp, cover again, and cook for another 5 minutes or more until shrimp is opaque and rice is tender.
Stir in the ham and heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a touch more salt and pepper, only if necessary.
Sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 1209mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 16.4mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3.8mg