Salmon Burgers with Greek Yogurt and Dill
Rich delicate salmon is combined with horseradish, lemon, and seasonings, then topped with a refreshing tangy yogurt-dill sauce to create these hearty, yet light salmon burgers.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions , diced
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 buns , split and toasted
- baby arugula , for serving
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
With a sharp knife, slice salmon into small cubes (about 1/8-1/4 inch.)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the horseradish, lemon juice, egg, scallions, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Gently fold in the salmon.
Form salmon mixture into 4 equal portions, about 3 1/2 inches round and 1 inch thick. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until browned on top and opaque throughout, 6-7 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine yogurt and dill in a small bowl; season with bit of salt and pepper. Serve burgers on buns with yogurt-dill sauce and arugula.