Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Classic corned beef and cabbage made in the crock pot. Enjoy thid recipe for St. Patrick's Day or all year long!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 hrs
Total Time10 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 5 yellow potatoes , washed and cut into halves or quarters, depending on the size
- 1 sweet onion , peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups mini carrots
- 1/2 head of cabbage , cut into 4 segments, leaving a piece of core in tact
In a 6 quart crock pot, combine the broth (or water), sugar, and bay leaves. Place corned beef, fat side up, in the water mixture along with the contents of the spice packet. Scatter the potatoes, onions, and carrots along the sides and top.
Cover, and cook on low for 8 1/2 hours.
Remove lid and scatter the cabbage wedges over the top. Put lid back on and continue cooking for another 1 1/2 hours.
Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain and serve with the vegetables, some of the cooking liquid, and butter.