Quick and Easy Chinese Orange Beef Stir-Fry
Quick and Easy Chinese Orange Beef Stir Fry is on the table in 25 minutes!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- zest from a small orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium or gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans , ends cut, trimmed into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin , sliced thinly with the grain and then into 2-inch wide pieces
- 2 scallions , chopped
- cooked white rice , for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, ginger, and cornstarch.
In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the green beans and stir for about 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, transfer them to a large bowl. Pat the sirloin dry with paper towels; add to the pan, spreading the pieces out; let cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Toss and transfer to the bowl with the green beans.
Give the orange juice mixture a swirl and add it to the pan; cook scraping up any brown bits, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add sirloin and green beans back into the pan, along with any accumulated juices, and the scallions; toss to coat.
Serve over rice.