Cheater Korean Beef
This cheater version of Korean BBQ uses ground beef instead of flank steak, making it easier and cheaper, but just as tasty. And ready in 15 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 scallions , chopped
- toasted sesame seeds
- cooked white rice , for serving
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Brown the beef until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Toss in the garlic and cook for another minute. Drain off all the fat.
Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and chili garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1-2 more minutes to blend the flavors. Toss in the scallions.
Serve over hot rice and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Want to add in some green beans? Cut into 1-inch pieces and saute in the fry pan before the beef, for about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and add back in at the end with the sauce.
- This also makes a great filling for lettuce wraps!
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 850mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 3mg