Skillet Rice and Beans with Kielbasa
This Skillet Rice and Beans recipe is a quick 30 minute meal that's crazy flavorful and only requires one pan. Great weeknight meal the entire family will love!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 14 ounce package polska kielbasa , diced
- 1 medium sweet onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14 ounce can pinto beans ,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Add the kielbasa and onion; sauté until onions become soft and translucent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
Stir in the rice, chicken broth, beans, Italian seasoning, cracked red pepper, and a dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is done, stirring once toward the end to prevent sticking.
Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 789mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 295IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.7mg