Easy Egg Salad Recipe
This super simple Egg Salad is truly the best! A foolproof recipe that is perfect for school lunches, potlucks, picnics, or an easy weeknight dinner. Serve it as a sandwich or in lettuce wraps for a healthier option. Either way, it is absolutely delicious!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time27 mins
- 8 large hard boiled eggs
- 1 large dill pickle , diced small
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- paprika , optional
Start with perfect hard boiled eggs that have cooled.
Peel and chop the eggs small.
Whisk together all the other ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Gently fold in the chopped eggs. Dust with some paprika, if desired.
Serve as a side or on rolls and enjoy!
- Why add sugar?! I get this question A LOT. Simple answer...because I like how it tastes. Longer answer...when small amounts are used in savory dishes, it's actually a fantastic ingredient that not only lends flavor, but balances out other ingredients, just like salt does. You certainly can omit the sugar. It just won't be the way this recipe was intended.
- The egg salad will keep in the fridge, covered in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 375mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 140mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.3mg