Grilled Thai Shrimp with Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Make summer grilling season complete with these Grilled Thai Shrimp and Pineapple Cucumber Salad. Sweet, spicy, easy, healthy, and wonderful!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time30 mins
For the Shrimp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound large shrimp ,peeled and deveined, patted dry
For the Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chili Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, chili oil, and cilantro until smooth and combined. Add in the shrimp and toss to coat.
Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. Let sit at room temperature to marinate while you make the salad.
In another large bowl, whisk together the honey, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, chili oil, and salt. Add in the pineapple, cucumber, onion, and cilantro; toss to combine. Set aside.
Oil the grill grates. Place shrimp on the grill for 2-3 minutes, flip over and allow to cook for another 2 minutes, or until pale and pink.
Place shrimp on individual plates with some of the pineapple-cucumber salsa and sprinkle the cashews on top.
Serve right away and enjoy!
• If you like your food more spicy, add additional chili oil, or decrease the amount for less heat.
• You can marinate the shrimp up to 30 minutes, but I wouldn’t recommend longer than that, since the acidity in the lime juice can start to break them down.
• If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1177mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 40.4mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 3.3mg