Ramen Wrapped Cod with Cajun Spice
Ramen Wrapped Cod with Cajun Spice - take boring fish up a few notches by adding delicious cajun seasoning, and wrapping it in ramen noodles for some crunch…and fun!
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time37 mins
- 12 ounces (6 ounces each) fresh or frozen skinless cod fillets , cut in half lengthwise
- 3 ounce package ramen noodles , flavor packet discarded
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Let cool slightly and toss with the egg.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with a dash of salt and pepper and the Cajun seasoning, then dredge fillets in the flour to coat.
Remove noodles from egg a few at a time, and wind around fish in an even layer, adding new strands until covered.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high. Add fish; cook 5-6 minutes per side until golden, crisp, and fish flakes easily.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 425mg | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.9mg