Butternut Squash and Potato Mash
Butternut squash and Yukon Gold potatoes come together in this rich and delicious mash! Awesome side dish for Thanksgiving.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed yukon gold potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg , optional
Place squash, potatoes, and garlic in a large pot; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
Drain the mixture and return to pot.
Add in the cheese, butter, salt, and pepper; mash until desired consistency is reached.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Mix in a pinch of nutmeg, if desired.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 752mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15143IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 3mg