The Best Twice-Baked Potatoes
These are The Best Twice Baked Potatoes loaded with all your favorite ingredients! Perfect on their own or as a side. Comforting, satisfying, and delicious!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 45 mins
- 4 large russet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces bacon , diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 scallions , diced
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet; prick them in several places with a fork. Rub them with the vegetable oil and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
In the meantime, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into a large bowl, leaving a small rim of the potato intact so you don’t tear the shell. Lay the hollowed out potato shells back onto the baking sheet.
Add the bacon (reserving some), sour cream, half of the cheese, the onions (reserving some), milk, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder into the bowl. Using a handheld mixer, blend until combined and creamy.
Divide mixture among the potato skins, then sprinkle with reserved bacon, cheese, and onion. Place back into the oven for 15 minutes until warmed through and cheese had melted.
Dig in and enjoy!
- These can be made up to 3 days ahead, stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator, then just pop them in the oven when you’re ready.
- You can also freeze them individually on a baking sheet and once solid, store them in a freezer-safe resealable plastic bag.
- To reheat the potatoes, you'll basically be baking them a third time. Reheat chilled potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or about 30-40 minutes if they're frozen.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 606mg | Potassium: 961mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 658IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 2mg