This Strawberry Butter is an amazing condiment, perfect for toast, pancakes, muffins, or any baked good. And only takes minutes to whip up!
We love to slather a little bit on this easy bagel recipe!
Other than stir-fry and breakfast casseroles (because EGGS!), I think I probably make homemade sauces, dressings, and condiments more than anything.
I often blend fresh herbs and butter together for a savory herb butter – this takes baked potatoes, dinner rolls, and pan-seared steak up five notches! It’s so easy to make…and fruit butter is, too!
Strawberry Butter Recipe
You know those flavored butters served at restaurants that seem so fancy, and that you can’t stop eating even if your life depended on it? Maple butter comes to mind. Sigh.
Well, this Strawberry Butter has surely graced B&Bs everywhere. And if it hasn’t, it should be!
You only need 4 simple ingredients – butter, strawberries, honey, and a pinch of salt. I’ve seen this made with powdered sugar instead of honey and I bet that would be amazing, too!
Salted or Unsalted Butter?
Either, really! I almost always bake and cook with unsalted butter because it ensures that I can control the amount of salt in the food, and the flavor. Also, different companies add varying amounts of salt to their butter – removing the salt from the butter takes all the guess work out of the equation. BUT, this strawberry honey butter would be delicious with either unsalted or salted. If you use salted butter, omit the pinch of extra salt listed in the written recipe. Or taste after everything is blended and adjust to your liking.
How to Store Strawberry Butter
This can be stored on the counter if it will be eaten within a couple days, or in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 week, then allow to come to room temperature before serving. You can also freeze it up to 2 months (it’s safe after that, but quality significantly diminishes.) Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then set out to reach room temperature.
You’re going to want to slather this Strawberry Honey Butter on ALL THE BAKED THINGS, and possibly lick it right off the spreading knife.
More Flavored Butter Recipes:
More Condiments to Make:
- 1 cup unsalted butter ,room temperature
- pinch of kosher salt
- 8 small strawberries ,stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl, crush strawberries using a potato masher (you should end up with 1/2 cup); set aside.
- Place butter and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse a few times until butter is fluffy. Scrape down the sides, if necessary.
- Add in the mashed strawberries; pulse several more times until incorporated.
- Add in the honey and pulse until incorporated, and light and fluffy.
- Leave on the counter for a couple days or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed (bring to room temperature before serving.)
(originally from Barefeet in the Kitchen)