Happy Wednesday, everyone! We’re halfway to the weekend again. Yay!
We’ve been at the ballpark a lot lately. And eating our fair share of chili cheese fries and ice cream. Oof.
One night a week is no biggie *shrug* – but with two games and a practice, that’s a slippery slope down the corn dog rabbit hole.
To anyone who is new to cooking, I always recommend getting your feet wet with an easy skillet stir-fry, a classic chili, and a simple tomato-based pasta dish, like this one! You can’t go wrong.
Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Parmesan
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion , diced small
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 white wine
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, al dente, about 9 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt olive oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté for about 1 minute, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn. Add mushrooms, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in wine and reduce for about 1 minute. Add in broth and tomatoes; simmer 2 minutes.
- Add the cream to the skillet and cook until thickened a little; 2 minutes. Stir in the cheese and parsley.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately with more Parmesan, and enjoy!