This recipe was developed by me for Star Fine Foods, whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love!
Damn holidays. And pasta. And potatoes. And…winter.
And then THAT CAKE. That we ate TWICE.
And now it’s hot outside. And the Pool. Is. Done. Yay!!
Which means I got my bathing suit out. Tried it on. And if it could talk, it’d be something like “Whoa, girl. You ain’t fitting in me. Maybe you ought to kick up the treadmill incline.” Also? Apparently my bathing suit speaks ghetto.
So, I’m officially shifting my eating with some simple and delicious, lower calorie salads. At least for this week.
I asked on Facebook what is one food you’re willing to spend more money on. And the most popular answer was cheese…and olive oil. Which was pretty much what I said!
I’m so lucky to work with STAR who sends me olive oil. But there was once a time I had to pay for it. And I’d do it all over again!
In this salad, I used their signature series extra virgin olive oil, by Chef Ferran Adria, who’s earned well deserved international prestige through his 3-Michelin star restaurant, “el Bulli.” (available at Safeway and Vons.)
Oh, Italy. Since I can’t go to you, I’ll just bring you to me.
Simple Salami Salad
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 scallion (, diced)
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (, sliced in half)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, spinach, scallions, tomatoes, and salami. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice; gently toss to combine.
- Divide among plates; sprinkle with the Parmesan and a couple grinds of pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!