Because these One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Mini Muffins are tiny, they’re perfect as a snack. And clean up is a breeze!
Hi, I’m Amy. And I’m a snacker. Amen. (Also? I almost wrote slacker. Which, on occasion, is also the case.)
Since I get up before 5am, I pretty much want lunch by 10. But if I do that, I want dinner by 2. Ya, that doesn’t really work. So, I snack.
But instead of shoveling cookies into my face all day, I’ve learned to always have healthier options on hand. Nuts, vegetables, hummus, etc. And fruit. Like blueberries. Inside muffins. Wait. What?
These mini muffins are my way of compromising between healthy and indulgent. And they are perfect for when the kids get home from school, who are always ravenous. Because they actually do eat lunch at 10, which is crazy!
I teamed up with General Mills and my local Safeway today, where you can always find snacks that fit into your day. Be Snacksational with Nature Valley™ granola bars, Chex Mix™, Annie’s® crackers, or some Lemon Burst Yoplait® original yogurt and these mini muffins!
One-Bowl Blueberry Lemon Mini Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest from one lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounce container Lemon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with mini liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Add in the egg, oil, milk, yogurt, and vanilla; whisk until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Using a small cookie scoop, evenly distribute the batter in the muffin tins to the top. Sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake muffins for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.