We’ve been so crazy spoiled with the kids’ teachers. Since preschool, really.
Every year, I say, “well, there’s no way it can be as good as last year.” And then it is.
This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week at the their school (<<< in other words, the perfect excuse to bake something amazing…but not have to keep all of it in the house.)
The timing was perfect, since I just received Blue Diamond’s Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt almonds to try. I immediately thought Bars! (No wait…I immediately tore open both pouches and consumed half the bag. Then I thought Bars!)
One has just a hint of sea salt, and the other a hint of chocolate flavor. Both are oven roasted, with a nutty crunch. And both are perfect as a snack…or on top of melted butterscotch. Lordy.
So, I passed them out at school. And waited for reviews the next day.
“I don’t know what was in those. But they’re all gone.”
“My husband stole them. I haven’t see him since.”
and the best one….
“So much for eating gluten free. You’ve ruined me.”
Seriously. The best teachers! I love them all.
Oh, and a bonus – no oven required! Bookmark this one for summer. If you can wait that long!
No-Bake Butterscotch Bars
- 20 regular Oreos
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sea Salt Almonds , chopped
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Almonds , chopped
- sea salt , for sprinkling
- Lightly coat an 8x8 glass baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse several times until only fine crumbs remain. Add in the powdered sugar, almond butter, and melted butter; pulse until combined and a sticky dough has formed. Press mixture into the baking pan.
- Place the butterscotch chips and heavy cream in a small saucepan; stir over medium-low heat until completely melted.
- Spread the melted butterscotch over the crumb mixture and immediately sprinkle with the chopped almonds and a little sea salt.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or overnight.) Cut into bars and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.