Made with just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, these Grape Jelly Meatballs are a must for holiday parties and game days. With sweet grape jelly and zesty BBQ sauce, these crockpot meatballs are a tried and true addictive appetizer that everyone loves!
We often serve these right next to our Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs, which is the same concept, but different ingredients and flavor.
Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
These slow cooker meatballs are a classic recipe loved by everyone, perfect for family holiday celebrations, New Year’s Eve, to Super Bowl Sunday. They are one crockpot party food you can guarantee on disappearing long before the party ends.
They are beyond easy to prepare – a truly dump and go slow cooker recipe. You can even serve them directly from the crockpot to keep them warm (dirtying up fewer dishes. WIN.) And the flavor is just fantastic with a combination of sweet, savory, and zesty that appeals to nearly all taste buds. I’ve never met anyone who hasn’t immediately loved them.
When it comes to cheap and easy appetizers that create little to no mess, these crockpot grape jelly meatballs are the perfect option.
What You’ll Need
This super easy slow cooker recipe is made with just 4 ingredients.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Barbecue sauce: You can grab a bottle at the store or make my homemade BBQ sauce.
- Grape jelly: Any brand of grape jelly will work.
- Worcestershire sauce: Adds a savory flavor to balance the sweetness of the jelly.
- Meatballs: You can keep it simple by buying a package of frozen meatballs at the store or make our homemade Italian meatballs for extra flavor.
How to Make Grape Jelly Meatballs
This crockpot meatballs recipe requires just 5 minutes of hands-on time and a few hours of cook time in the crockpot for the perfect party appetizer.
(Scroll below to the printable recipe card for complete details.)
- Combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk the BBQ sauce, grape jelly, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth in the slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs. Add the the meatballs to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Cook. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally toward the end.
- Keep warm. Once the meatballs are fully heated, turn the slow cooker to warm and enjoy.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers:
- How to store leftovers. Leftover grape jelly and BBQ sauce meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- How to reheat. The easiest way to reheat the meatballs is in the microwave but if you’re reheating a large amount, you can also use the crockpot or stovetop.
- Can I make these without a crockpot? Yes, you can easily make these BBQ grape jelly meatballs on the stovetop if you don’t have a crockpot. Just put them in a pot over medium/medium-low heat and cook until the meatballs are warmed. Be sure to stir frequently so the sauce doesn’t scorch.
- Does the jelly make these meatballs sweet? These slow cooker meatballs are sweet, but not overly as you might think. The sweet jelly with tangy BBQ sauce and savory Worcestershire really give the overall dish a great, well-balanced flavor.
- What are the best meatballs to use? Using frozen meatballs (no need to thaw first), whether homemade or a package purchased at the store, makes this recipe super easy. You can use all beef meatballs, pork meatballs, turkey meatballs or any combination.
These meatballs are a must on the party appetizer table, especially around the holidays and for game day. To keep the party prep super easy, you can serve these crockpot grape jelly meatballs next to (2 ingredient) olive spread, our crazy popular dill pickle dip, and a charcuterie board.
These grape jelly meatballs can also be turned into a meal. Our family loves them served over mashed potatoes.
More Party Appetizers:
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below! Also don’t forget to follow Belly Full on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs
- In a slow cooker, combine the barbecue sauce, grape jelly, and Worcestershire sauce; whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add in the meatballs and toss the meatballs until coated.
- Place the lid back on the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours), stirring occasionally toward the end.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm and enjoy.
Reader Questions and Reviews
This recipe is one I remember from church socials and baby showers!!! Fantastic and so simple, but not skimpy on flavor!!! We made them for dinner with sour cream and chives mashed potatoes. Sweet and savory!!!
I’ve heard about these for years, but never made them…until this past weekend. They were so easy and delicious – lived up to all the hype!
Super easy to follow and super delicious!!! Thanks so much!
These are so tasty! And EASY.
If doubling recipe do all ingredients get doubled?
Yes. Make sure you have a large enough crock pot to hold it all and mix a few times so nothing burns on the bottom.