These burgers seasoned with mustard, sherry vinegar, and smoked paprika are summertime grilling perfection!
This recipe was developed by me for Safeway whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
You guys, I implore you to get a grill if you haven’t already. Seriously. Save up your Starbucks money and use it on a Weber instead! Life isn’t living if you can’t grill ribs and burgers in the summertime.
So, I’m usually a “buy what’s on sale” kind of gal. But every once in awhile, I want the really good stuff. Safeway carries a Grass Fed Angus Ground Beef by Open Nature® that I love, which is exclusive to their stores. And I’ll go out of my way to buy it. It’s lean, raised without antibiotics, and no added hormones or artificial ingredients. It’s just clean. Paul and I always comment on the quality of it when I make burgers.
I made up a simple mustard sauce blend and mixed it with some of the beef, and then also basted the burgers after flipping them. SO GOOD!
I’m calling it Spanish mustard because chef Bobby Flay uses a lot of Dijon, sherry vinegar, and smoked paprika in his Mexican cuisine. And if it works for him, it definitely works for me!
Every single ingredient for these burgers came from Safeway’s Open Nature® or O Organics® product line, and they were so easy to make.
Don’t live near a Safeway? No worries. You can also find this beef and all the Open Nature products at any of the Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Spanish Mustard Burgers
- 1 pound Open Nature® Grass Fed Angus Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices O Organics® white cheddar cheese slices
- Mayonnaise , tomato slices, and lettuce, for serving
- Open Nature® Seeded Sandwiches rolls , for serving
- Place ground beef in large bowl, breaking it up slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sherry vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the sauce into the bowl with the beef; mix together with your hands until combined. (Don’t over mix, or the burgers will be tough.)
- Divide into 4 equal portions (approximately 5 inches in diameter, 3/4 inch thick), making an indentation with your thumb in the center. Transfer to a plate and chill until ready to grill.
- Preheat a grill to high. Generously oil the grates and grill burgers for about 3 minutes. Flip, baste with some reserved mustard sauce and cook for another 4 minutes (for medium doneness), topping with a slice of cheese during the last minute, closing the lid to melt.
- Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.