No fancy appliance needed here! This no churn ice cream loaded with strawberry jam and pieces of fresh strawberries is rich, creamy, and so easy, anyone can make it!
Hey everyone! How was your holiday weekend?
We took the kids to an amusement park on Saturday, which in hindsight was not the best choice considering everyone else apparently had the same idea. But it was still super fun. Got in a couple of roller coasters and water rides, and caught the dolphin show, which was great. Haley decided she wants to become a marine biologist. Until she got her face painted, and then decided she wants to do that. Squirrel!
Then we spent Sunday and Monday in the backyard with friends. Grilling, swimming, and relaxing. It was perfect. It felt really weird to send the kids back to school this morning – it already feels like summer!
But we have a few days left. And it’s freaking hot, you guys. 103 today and it’s supposed to be 106 on Thursday. Say what?
So I’m making ice cream. This is my new favorite!
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon course salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, warmed to loosen
- 1 cup finely diced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vanilla condensed milk, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer, until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch loaf pan; dollop half of the jam on top and swirl with a chopstick or knife. Repeat layers once. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 12 hours.
- Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Adapted from here