In these Olive Pinwheels, spinach flavored flour tortillas are coated with an olive and cream cheese spread, topped with scallions and lettuce, for an easy crowd-pleasing appetizer, snack, or light lunch!
This recipe was developed by me for Star Fine Foods, whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that I love and make Belly Full possible!
Memorial Day weekend is coming! Are you hosting a cookout? Going somewhere? Hiding under the covers, avoiding all human contact?
Well, IF you’re entertaining, and you and your company love olives, you should make these pinwheels. (If you don’t like olives, then we can’t be friends. Seriously. It’s in my handbook.)
Anyway, these Fiesta Blend olives are the other new variety that STAR sent me to try out. They’re marinated in classic southwestern flavors, tangy with a slight kick. Delicious! And perfectly suited for this easy appetizer, which easily doubles or triples for a crowd.
Pinwheels are also great for a snack or light lunch. Plus no cooking!
Fiesta Olive Pinwheels
- 1 jar (6 ounce) STAR Fiesta Blend olives, drained
- 1/2 brick cream cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 scallions , diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced pimientos , drained
- 2-4 lettuce leaves
- 2 (10-inch) spinach and herb flour tortillas
- Place 14 olives and the cream cheese in a food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and fold in the scallions and pimientos.
- Chop the remaining olives.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the two tortillas, spreading it almost to the edge. Top with the chopped olives, and 1-2 lettuce leaves in the center. Roll up tightly.
- Place wooden toothpicks about 1-inch apart down the seam of the rolled tortillas. Cut in between the toothpicks to form the pinwheels.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.