You guys. This summer-lovin’ gal is actually excited about Fall weather. I know, crazy! It might be because I got a few new outfits that I’m dying to wear. Maybe.
But also, you know, October! Our anniversary month, trips up to Apple Hill, and I get to start planning for Thanksgiving.
Plus the farmer’s markets are changing out their produce. We recently went to our favorite one and the squash, pears, and pomegranates were abound and gorgeous!
We’re incredibly spoiled here in California with so many local farmers. And it’s not just limited to fruits and vegetables.
All Foster Farms fresh and natural chicken products sold in California are locally grown in ranches throughout California.
It all began back in 1939 when Max and Verda Foster started raising turkeys right off their bedroom so Verda could keep a close eye on the eggs and chicks. 76 years later, Foster Farms remains family-owned and operated, being led by their grandson, Ron Foster.
Grown and raised without any antibiotics, Foster Farms Simply Raised has no additives, preservatives, steroids or hormones, and is produced with no added sodium. And all of Foster Farms fresh chicken is American Humane Certified.
I put the Foster Farms Simply Raised fillets to great use in these chicken rolls. This is such a wonderful dish, with all the favorite Fall flavors. Don’t be put off by the number of steps – it’s actually a super easy meal you can make during the week!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- 4 Foster Farms boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cranberries, apple, pecans, and scallion until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziploc bag, and using a meat mallet, pound them out until about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread filling evenly over each breast, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Fold in sides and roll up; secure with a few toothpicks.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne; sprinkle over each chicken roll and rub in with your fingers.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high in a nonstick oven-proof skillet. Place chicken in pan, beginning with seam side down; sauté for 1-2 minutes per side until you get a golden crust. Place skillet in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is moist, but no pink remains.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice and pomegranate preserves; cook and stir over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Slice the chicken; serve on individual plates and drizzle with the orange-pom sauce.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®. All opinions are my own.