Grilled Chicken Breasts with Herbs and Lemon – this simple no-fail grilled chicken recipe can be enjoyed with any vegetable for an easy weeknight meal. Use up any left overs in a sandwich the next day!
Once upon a time, I had an outdoor grill that was hooked up to the gas line – just turned it on any time, no worries of running out of gas. Grill, grill, grill. Those were the days.
The way our house is now, it would cost a lot of money to make that set up happen. So, I suffer through using propane tanks. And I go through a lot of them. Such a pain. #firstworldproblems
I grill a lot. Mostly ribs, burgers, brats, shrimp, and chicken. Wait, I guess that covers most things!
I think everyone should have a good basic grilled chicken recipe in their arsenal. This one is mine.
Garlic, herbs, lemon. It’s honestly all you need to season most food, really!
I recommend marinating for 4 hours, or even overnight for the best flavor, but just 1 hour is fine, if you’re in a pinch.
Save left overs the next day for chicken salad or sandwiches!
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Herbs and Lemon
- 3-4 Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place chicken breasts in-between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using a meat mallet, pound out to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place chicken in a large resealable ziploc bag. Add all the other ingredients and massage to evenly coat. Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but ideally four.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Clean and oil the hot grill grates. Place chicken directly on grill and cook for 5 minutes; flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°F
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for a few minutes. Slice and serve!
Other Grilled recipes you might enjoy!
Grilled Steak Salad with Tzatziki Sauce – Belly Full
Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho – Belly Full
Easy Grilled Salmon with Chickpea Salsa – Lemons for Lulu
Beer and Garlic Grilled Chicken – Barefeet in the Kitchen