Hash Brown-Crusted Quiche with Sausage – take quiche up a notch by adding a crispy hash brown crust and flavorful sausage. Super easy and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
Oh my gosh, it’s May! Weren’t we just talking about soup and snow? Hopefully you’re all thawed out now and looking forward to summer. The last few days brought us 90 degree temps…so I’m already making popsicles.
But first things first.
Mother’s Day is only weeks away, and you’re looking for the perfect quiche to serve for brunch, right? Or maybe you weren’t, but now you realize what a great idea that is. Or maybe you were in need of a delicious breakfast for this weekend. Or maybe you love eggs for dinner. See, I’ve got your bases covered.
I actually served this for sister Jen’s birthday in March. And then I proceeded to make it about 1,057 times since then.
It’s so delicious, and of course super easy. Two of my favorite things.
- • 3 cups Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns (found in the refrigerator section at the market)
- • 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- • salt and pepper
- • 1 cup (about 8 ounces) seasoned Italian ground pork sausage
- • 6 large eggs
- • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- • 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- • 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently toss the hash browns with the butter to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Press the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the plate to form a crust. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, sauté the ground sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the large bowl you used for the hash browns, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheeses, and scallions. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Add in the cooked sausage crumbles. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of the hash brown crust. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.