According to the thread on Facebook yesterday, had I added bacon to these pancakes, it would have been perfect. But I did not have the foresight to do that. Maybe next time!
No actual recipe today, per se. I used this batter to create these adorable pancake sandwiches. Some things worth noting:
1. I used butterfly and tulip cookie cutters, which were both about 2 1/2 inches in size.
2. I was able to fit 3 in the pan at the same time.
3. You need to generously spray the pan and the cookie cutters every time before using or the batter will stick.
4. I scooped about 1 1/2 tablespoons into each shape, nudging the batter into the corners of the cookie cutter where needed.
5. I let cook for about 2 minutes per side, until bubbles formed and they seemed fairly set. (You have to make sure they set enough before removing the cutter to flip, or the batter will fall.)
6. Be careful when removing the cookie cutters – they’ll be hot!
Then I spread a little Nutella in between 2 of the pancakes and served. They were adorable! Use bunny rabbit cookie cutters and serve them up for Easter Sunday!