This super easy Coconut Pie is sweet, buttery, and crispy. With only 5 minutes of prep!
You guys. THIS PIE. Ohmygod, this Coconut pie.
If you love coconut, you have to make it. You need to make it. Honestly, even if you don’t like coconut, you should make it! It might change your mind.
I’m convinced this pie alongside my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies could solve world peace.
Takes only five minutes to whisk everything together. And then you wait like an anxious kid for it to bake. And cool.
Some call it The Impossible Pie because it forms its own top crust as it bakes.
What is the Vinegar for?
This recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Basically the acid provides a nice counterpart to the sweetness, and the chemical reaction allows baked goods to be light and fluffy. I never make this pie without it, but you can omit it if you want.
The inside is smooth with slight texture from the coconut, and the outside is buttery and crispy.
Sweet and sublime. I’ve made it so many times. It’s what dreams are made of!
Other absolutely delicious Coconut recipes you might like!
How To Make This Coconut Pie Recipe
Easy Coconut Pie
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 9-inch pie crust ,store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the filling ingredients until well combined; pour into the pie shell.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour (cover crust with foil if it starts to brown too quickly, or use a crust protector - I love mine!
- Let set and cool completely before slicing.
*this post contains affiliate links