Two favorite comfort foods come together in this Garlic Bread Popcorn!
We usually watch a movie with the kids on Saturday night — sometimes even Friday and Saturday (making the search for new movies that are age appropriate more and more difficult, but anyway…)
The conversation at dinner always goes like this:
Me: maybe we’ll watch a movie tonight.
Haley and Trevor (in unison): with popcorn?
Me: of course.
So, naturally partnering with JOLLY TIME was a no-brainer. Love them! I have a huge canister in the pantry filled with their kernels. I always buy a bag of white and a bag of yellow, and then mix both together. I have no idea why I ever started doing that, but now it’s a habit I can’t don’t want to break.
Most of the time, I just serve the popcorn with salt, but if I’m feeling ambitious, I’ll try different flavors. Sea Salt and Vinegar and Dill Pickle are favorites here. And so is this Garlic Bread!
I prefer the stovetop method with oil for popping, but this recipe works with plain microwave or air popped kernels, too.
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups JOLLY TIME popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped kernels)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, garlic powder, dried parsley, and salt.
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl. Drizzle a little of the butter over the popcorn, toss to evenly distribute, followed by a third of the Parmesan mixture, toss again. Repeat until all the butter and Parmesan mixture is used and the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Eat immediately.
Stayed tuned for a chance to win your own JOLLY TIME mix-in prize pack (value $50) 4/4-4/18