Hi everyone! Is it a happy Monday or a grumpy one? It’s hard to go back to work, huh?
How was your holiday? Our last week was packed full of fun playdates and family get-togethers. Christmas day was spent feasting at my sister’s…and then the next day chilling, while the kids played with their major score of gifts. Hallelujah.
My kids are still on break, so I’m juggling the whole blog/mother thing. Oh wait, that’s every day…
We’ve got one more holiday to go, though!
I’m not big on going out for New Year’s Eve, but somehow I was convinced that being social and putting on pants would be a good thing.
This olive tapenade was on my short list of appetizers to make, but Paul reminded me that not everyone likes olives. Silly people! But, if you are an olive lover, like me, and you’re hanging around smart people who understand the deliciousness that is the olive, then make this! A little goes a long way on some bread or crackers, and it’s ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 cup pitted oil-packed kalamata olives
- 1 cup pitted Spanish green olives stuffed with pimientos
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest from 1/2 small lemon
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 canned oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until everything is minced, about 5-7 pulses.
- Serve spread at room temperature on sliced baguette or crackers. Or mix into hot cooked pasta for a complete meal.