Paul was like, “Babe. When are you going to start with the holiday baking?” And I was like “Um. I guess now?”
And then I realized that Christmas is next week. Way to be on the ball, Amy.
I’ve been so zen lately, that I literally have not been paying attention to anything. I even paid a couple of bills late…and I never ever do that. So, there’s a downside to being relaxed and not caring! Whoops.
I made you coconut macaroons! It’s your basic macaroon (which are SO easy), but with a holiday flair. The dried cherries, dark chocolate, and crushed pistachios give it that awesome sweet and salty combo that nobody can resist!
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (7 ounce) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted, shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl. Whisk egg whites until frothy. Add in the vanilla, sugar, flour, salt, and whisk to combine. Fold in the coconut and chopped cherries to form a batter.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop tablespoons of the mixture 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until edges start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon in the chocolate, followed by the pistachios. Place back on the baking sheet to set. Repeat with remaining macaroons.