This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond, whom I have an ongoing relationship with. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands I love and make Very Culinary possible!
Add green beans to the list of vegetables that Trevor hates…unless they’re grilled or roasted.
I don’t know. Can I blame him? A boiled green bean ain’t got nothing on a roasted one. Roasted vegetables just have it going on.
I’m always trying to come up with easy side dishes. My favorite one-pan skillet dishes don’t need one, but if I’m making a steak or baked chicken, I want a side.
I thought I’d give our favorite broccoli a rest and serve some green beans instead.
And then I sprinkled some Blue Diamond Sriracha flavored almonds on them.
We loved these so much, I made another batch for lunch the next day. Nothing else. Just roasted green beans. Well, and half a container of the almonds.
You guys. They’re like crack, these almonds. CRACK. Hold me.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Almonds Bold Sriracha, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place green beans on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat thoroughly. Spread them out so they’re in a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes, stir, spread to a single layer again; roast for an additional 7 minutes until crisp tender and caramelized.
- Remove from oven, and using a spatula, toss with the almonds. Serve immediately.
- Note: if using table salt, decrease the amount to 1/4 teaspoon.