You ever look at your little kids and marvel at their face or body structure and think, “Ya. That kid totally came from me.” As in…genetics. It’s so wild.
When mine were babies, I used to stare at them forever when they slept. I felt like such a weirdo, and how creepy that would be if they woke up and saw me. But I just couldn’t get over that Paul and I created these little humans. And how perfect they were.
Now I listen to them talk, watch how they move and grow, and can totally imagine what they’ll be like as grown adults. Look out world!
One thing is for sure – my kids are going to be skinny. They’ve got that super long, narrow build. Adjustable waistbands are my friend.
And they never. stop. moving. EVER. Is it any wonder why they’re always so hungry? My god, they burn off calories just talking. Wish it were that easy for ME.
My friend Heidi jokes that I need to start feeding them butter all day long.
So as a joke over the weekend, I handed this ramekin of herb butter to them with a spoon and said, “here’s your snack.”
They both looked at each other perplexed. Then Trevor said, “this would be good on bread,” followed by Haley “or eggs.”
See. TOTALLY my kids.
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl smash together the herbs and butter with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer mixture into a ramekin with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Delicious on chicken, steak, pork, fish, roasted vegetables, dinner rolls, and in mashed potatoes!