Some things just never go out of style.
I’m constantly laughing as I watch my kids recreate games from when I was a kid.
Like when they place a strip of tape over their lips and try to talk (didn’t we all do that?) Or when they copy each other and then complain about copying each other (was annoying then…and still is.)
And play Jax! (These sure aren’t the metal ones I remember!)
Then there’s spreading Elmer’s glue on the palm of their hands, and anxiously waiting for it to dry so they can peel it like dead skin.
I mean…it’s all awesome. Or as Ragú® would say, Saucesome. I love it.
I’m excited to have partnered with them today! They never go out of style, either. Ragú® has that delicious and authentic Italian taste and variety to help me make quick and easy family meals.
Like Chili Mac and Cheese.
Because if there’s another thing that never gets old, it’s mac and cheese. And chili.
So I put them together to create one killer mash-up using the Ragú® Family Favorite Chili Mac recipe for inspiration, and used simple ingredients that can be found at any local market.
Ragú® is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…it’s all Saucesome with the delicious help of Ragú® Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced small
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Ragù® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 can (10 ounce) mild diced tomatoes with mild green chilis
- 1 can (16 ounce) mild chili beans (do not drain or rinse)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and beef; cook until browned, breaking up into crumbles, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, Ragù® sauce, diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, beans, chili powder, and cumin. Season with a bit more salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil and stir in pasta; cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is al dente, about 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately, garnished with additional cheese and parsley, if desired.
Ragú is celebrating everything that makes family mealtime #Saucesome. From unique recipes to silly moments to crazy weeknights…we want to hear it all.
Do you have a recent #Saucesome moment or recipe? Share below!