What better way to start a Monday morning out, than with chocolate! (And yes, in my book, white chocolate is still chocolate! And my fav.)
I’m also celebrating someone special today, so it’s a double whammy. My friend Stephie is getting herself hitched!
Stephie and I share a love for pie crust. And Beagles. And her mother. Because all of those things are just completely awesome.
And ya, I probably should have made a pie. But then I saw these and it was all over.
I think she’ll forgive me.
You guys. These parfaits. Ohmygod. Rich, silky, and the layers of sweet raspberry sauce… *faints*
The best part is they look all fancy enough for a bridal shower, but they’re really quick and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) white chocolate chips
- Make the sauce: place raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; mash with the back of a wooden spoon. Transfer to fine-mesh sieve or strainer with tiny holes, over a bowl, and press out all the juice. Place in refrigerator.
- Make the mousse: in a large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, beat 1 3/4 cups of the heavy cream, the powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Put the white chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream in a medium sized, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing, until chocolate is melted. Whisk 1 cup of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Then fold in the rest until combined.
- Divide half of the mousse among 6 small tumblers; top each with 1 tablespoon of the chilled raspberry sauce and a few raspberries. Repeat with one more layer of the same. Sprinkle with shaved white chocolate.
- Refrigerate until cold; at least 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
See what everyone made!
The Cooking Actress – Chocolate Shoofly Pie with Pecan Whole Wheat Crust
Girl Versus Dough – Mini Meyer Lemon Coconut Scones
Sarcastic Cooking – Mini Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Pot Pies
The Roasted Root – Sweet Potato Rounds with Guacamole and Bacon
A Cedar Spoon – Strawberry Mint Mascarpone Crostini with Lemon Honey Drizzle
Very Culinary – White Chocolate Raspberry Parfaits
Rachel Cooks – Broccoli and Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
Bluebonnet Baker – Maple Bourbon Balls
Nutmeg Nanny – Broccoli Bacon Salad
Laura’s Mess – Spiced Apple and Buttermilk Cake
Seaweed and Sassafras – Herb and Cheese Scones
Stetted – Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
All Day I Dream About Food – Chocolate Fudge Crumb Bars
Dessert for Two – Mini Lemon Cakes
Foodie with Family – Smoked Salmon Cucumber Pizza