That moment when you notice your newly-turned 9YO daughter surfing YouTube for Taylor Swift and Katy Perry music videos.
And realize it might be time to activate the parental controls.
And that your daughter is growing up.
Of course, Paul says to me, “Meh. Maybe a little too old for her, but pretty harmless,” followed by Haley pointing out, “And you let me watch the Superbowl.”
Then little Trevor chimes in, “Your house, your rules Mom.”
Trevor is currently my favorite person. Ever.
Puberty. Just stay away. OOOO. EM. GEE.
Anyway. Chicken! In the crock pot! Love love love this one. I guess it’s called “hurry” chicken because of its ease and quickness putting it together. Certainly a lifesaver for us on Thursdays when we get home late.
Sweet and tangy, super easy, and inexpensive. Bet you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- cracked red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 chicken legs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Coat a 5-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cracked red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Season chicken with a little salt and pepper; sauté for about 3 minutes per side, until they have a golden crust. Transfer to slow cooker along with the sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.
Some other Slow Cooker Chicken recipes you might like!
Slow Cooker Italian Lemon Chicken – Very Culinary
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken – Very Culinary
Whole Chicken in a Slow Cooker – The Little Kitchen
Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup – Two Peas and Their Pod