Yet another winning recipe from sister Jen.
Can we all just agree that she is awesome? Ok, good.
I could eat my weight in these gems. And I think I did.
Jen made these last month for the family. They were supposed to be an appetizer, obviously, but the kids and I sort of filled up on them before dinner. I’m actually making them again tomorrow…and this time, intentionally for dinner. Because, I know now.
Football fans: put these out for Superbowl. You’ll be so distracted by how good they are, you won’t care who actually wins the game.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked plain meatballs
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Few dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place frozen meatballs in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large saucepan, stir together jelly, mustard, whiskey, worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco. Cook and stir over medium heat until jelly is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Transfer meatballs (using a slotted spoon, if necessary, to drain off the grease) to jelly mixture; stir gently to coat. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
adapted from recipe.com