I’m celebrating my friend, Joanne, today!
We started blogging about the same time, and the universe catapulted us at each other. I think it was actually through a round-up that I used to participate in called Presto Pasta Nights. Omg, remember those days, Joanne???
Since then, we have chatted, done giveaways together, mailed each other things, and even met for lunch…in person! Whoa.
I’ve followed her through a canned pumpkin shortage, website redesign, medical school, and unfortunately, her father’s untimely death :/
But now, I’m toasting to her bridal shower!
Her dating journey and eventual engagement was nothing but pure entertainment. (Pssst. Joanne. I’m putting in an early request for pregnancy, because those updates are guaranteed to be hi.lar.i.ous.)
She is a lover of all things squash and pasta, so I made something combining the two. Ya, that’s right. I went all out for you, Joanne. So if your first baby is a girl, you’ll be naming her Amy, right?
Yep, zucchini is stuffed with delicious creamy pasta, and baked until tender. Perfect as an appetizer, side dish, or main meal!
Lemony-Pasta Stuffed Zucchini
Serves: 8 as an appetizer or 4 as a main course
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
• 4 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, seeds scraped out
• 1 cup ditalini pasta
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large shallot, minced
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup vegetable stock
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
• 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
• salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place some parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
Bring water to boil in a medium pot. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain; set aside.
In the same pot, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute shallot and garlic for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add in the vegetable stock and cream; bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the cooked pasta, 1/4 cup of Parmesan, parsley, lemon juice, and bread crumbs. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Place squash on the baking sheet, cut side up, season with salt and pepper. Fill zucchini shells with the pasta mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes, until squash is tender. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of Parmesan on each zucchini and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden. Serve immediately and enjoy!
(adapted from Food Network)
See what everyone else made!
• Pumpkin Spice White Russian – Nutmeg Nanny
• Warm Apple Pie Cocktail – Miss In The Kitchen
• Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail– Cook Like A Champion
• Baked Brie with Honey and Sliced Almonds – The Lemon Bowl
• Butternut Squash and Apple Galette – Warm Vanilla Sugar
• Roasted Pumpkin Crostini – Annie’s Eats
• Kale Salad with Maple Butternut Squash – Blahnik Baker
• Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips– Meadows Cooks
• Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake – The Baker Chick
• Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel– Taste and Tell
• Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
• Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake – Chocolate and Carrots
• Roasted Butternut Squash Pie with Brown Sugar Marshmallow – Keep It Sweet
• Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Cooking Actress
• Caramel Cranberry Apple Galette – Bakeaholic Mama
• Coconut Pecan Tarts – Bake or Break
• Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes – Baker by Nature
• Gingerbread Truffles – Dinners Dishes and Desserts