A simple and flavorful vegetarian side with eggplant, tomatoes, parsley, and hot sauce. Roasted to perfection!
This post is sponsored by Tabasco. A product we love and use regularly!
There are three things you must know.
1. Eggplant is actually a fruit, not a vegetable. (Just found this out. I’m struggling with it.)
2. Eggplant is probably one of my least favorite…er…fruits.
3. I absolutely LOVED this – devoured all 4 servings immediately after taking pictures. True story.
Eggplant was one of the reasons I thought twice about participating in this challenge….
But then I was told I could use it as much or as little as I want. Or not at all. Whew.
Seemed like such a cop-out, though. So I was committed to creating something.
And then this happened.
Two days in a row.
I’m telling you, friends – once again, grilling or roasting proves to be a sure fire way of taking a
vegetable fruit vegetable… er… fruit… from 10 to 1,000. This was SO good.
Spicy Roasted Eggplant and Cherry Tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
• 4 Italian eggplant (or 1 globe), cut into 1-inch cubes
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• salt and pepper
• Tabasco hot sauce
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread eggplant cubes on the baking sheet and toss with 3 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper, and 8 dashes of Tabasco until all the cubes are coated. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir with a spatula and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
When there is 15 minutes remaining, toss cherry tomatoes with the last tablespoon of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place on a separate baking sheet and put in the oven with the eggplant.
Combine tomatoes with eggplant and gently toss with the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Previous recipes from this challenge!