This simple White Bean Dip comes together in minutes and is a perfect healthy delicious snack!
I couldn’t believe how much our hotel room smelled like garlic…until I realized it wasn’t the room. It was my skin.
Hm. I washed my hands. Brushed my teeth. Nope. The smell was staying with me. Did I really eat THAT much of this dip?
Yes. Yes, I did.
My friend Melissa made this during a visit to LA. And I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say I sat at the kitchen table 85% of the evening. Eating this dip. Not wanting to ruin my appetite for dinner, I kept pushing the bowl and carrots away from me, “Okay. Last one.” I think I did that about 20x.
Another proven example of how a few simple ingredients can make magic. Great garlicky and lemony flavors, blended together with fresh herbs. Nice creamy texture, similar to that of Hummus.
Two days later, after we had all returned home, we ganged up on Melissa until she had no choice but to post the recipe stat. I was shocked to find the list of ingredients only included 2 cloves of garlic…which tells me I really did eat that much.
I’ve made it myself since then so many times. It’s perfect in the afternoon when I get that uncontrollable urge to snack, usually in the form of cookies.
- • 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- • 1/3 cup olive oil
- • 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth and thick. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl and serve with pita chips and freshly cut vegetables.
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis