Pumpkin Spice Muffins – a muffin made without oil, butter, or eggs – and absolutely fantastic. Prep in 5 minutes, with only 4 ingredients and one bowl.
Wanna know what’s in my fridge right now? Let’s see… I have mini whole wheat bagels, 1% cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, strawberries, hummus, lettuce, mustard, and a Tupperware container of, um, something that needs to be thrown out.
Wanna know what I wish was in my fridge? … mayonnaise, white bread, Gruyère cheese, whipping cream, salami, and blackberry jam. Among other things.
But I do have pumpkin puree. Loads of it, naturally. It’s October. Who doesn’t?
Think a muffin can’t be moist and delicious without oil, butter, or eggs? Think again! These are insanely good, and done in a flash with only four ingredients, one bowl, and five minutes of prep. Plus they’re only 148 calories each. It’s like a gift.
I’m not feeling so bad about the mini whole wheat bagels and mustard anymore. See, as long as you have canned pumpkin puree in your pantry, good things will happen.
- • 1 box (18.25 ounce) spice cake mix
- • 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- • 1/2 cup water
- • 1/3 cup Hershey’s cinnamon chips
- • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- • cupcake wrappers
- • Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with wrappers, lightly coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spice cake mix, pumpkin, and water until completely incorporated. Then fold in the cinnamon chips and pecans.
- Fill each muffin slot 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
These muffins are best served the same day or the next day, slightly warmed.