Hot Pastrami Flatbread – flatbread with Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Pickles, and Caesar Dressing. A circus of flavors and so easy!
On my first date with Paul, he proclaimed his undying love… for Old Dutch Dill Pickle Potato Chips. He yammered on about how they’re the best chip ever and how he couldn’t find them anywhere in Sacramento. I, of course, was smitten, and wanted to impress him. The next day I went online, and lo and behold, found a place that would ship out an entire case. Shortly after receipt of this amazing bounty of chips, he actually proclaimed his undying love for me. So, thank you Old Dutch.
Another thing – he loves dill pickles, in general. And so do I. Warts and all. And like most of my hand-held food victims, I like to chew off all the skin, until I’m left with an uneven mess, and then devour the remains. My sister, Jen, does the same thing. Paul thinks we’re both disturbed.
This flatbread is a major favorite for both of us. The combination of Caesar salad dressing, pastrami, pickles, onion, and swiss cheese might sound really odd. But it’s so good. So very very good.
- • 2 multi-grain or regular flatbreads
- • 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- • 4 ounces thinly sliced pastrami
- • 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- • 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- • 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place equal amounts of dressing, pastrami, pickles, onions, and cheese on top of each flatbread.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is very bubbly.